Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dragon story chapter one

2 posters

Go down

My dragon story chapter one Empty My dragon story chapter one

Post by ashketchumlovergirl Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Annnd chapter one of my dragon story is up!!!!! REVIEW!!!!!

Chapter One
“SATOSHI-KUN! GET UP THIS INSTANT!!!!!!!” A wrinkled black-haired woman shouted at the thirteen year old boy lying on the bed.

“Unngh.......OUCH!” Satoshi fell off of his bed and bruised his knee.

“Now quickly get ready for school and don’t be late for breakfast and to say our morning prayers.” Satoshi’s mother said and hustled out of the room. Satoshi rubbed the back of his head and stood up.

Satoshi’s pet bird, Xiaoyu, twittered on his perch. Satoshi gave Xiaoyu some seeds and looked in the mirror. He had messy jet-black hair and almond-shaped brown eyes. He scowled at his reflection and started to get dressed.

“Satoshi-kun!” Satoshi’s little sister, Qiuyue, sang and opened the door.

“Qiuyue! What did mom say about knocking?” Satoshi snapped. Qiuyue stuck her tongue out at her older brother and said in an annoying singsongy voice “If you don’t get downstairs right now, she’ll spank you good and hard!” Satoshi rolled his eyes.

“Whatever, just scram.” He said. “I’ll be down in a few seconds.” Qiuyue stuck her tongue at Satoshi again and skipped out of the room. Satoshi threw a shirt over his bare chest and ran after his sister.

“Satoshi! Finally, you’re here. Now we can pray for our ancestors.” Satoshi’s mother said. The family knelt beside the altar and prayed for the spirits of their grandparents, uncle, and most of all, Satoshi and Qiuyue’s father, Chen, who had gone hunting in the bamboo forest and had never came back.

After they had finished eating breakfast, Satoshi walked to school. When he got there, his best friend Jia wasn’t waiting for him in her usual spot, sitting under the flagpole and reading a book. “Jia?” Satoshi called. He looked around. He saw a group of girls that Jia had been talking to yesterday.

“Where’s Jia?” Satoshi asked.

“Like, I don’t know.” The girl in the middle said.

“She’s been abducted by a dragon!!!!!!!” One of the nerdy boys sitting on the pavement said.

“Nanzu, you are like, such a stupid guy. Dragons don’t exist.” the girl said. The nerdy boy looked crestfallen and turned back to his math homework. Satoshi gulped. Well, the point was, Jia wasn’t here. And without Jia, well.......

“SATOSHI-KUN!!!!!!!!” A voice shouted. The girls and the nerds hurried away from the big, beefy boy and his band of friends as he made his way towards Satoshi. It was Gang, the bully at the school. Gang grabbed the front of Satoshi’s shirt.

“Where’s your girlfriend?” Gang hissed in Satoshi’s ear. “She’s not here to protect you.”

“Let me go please.....” Satoshi muttered. “I have to get to science class.....” Just then the bell rang.

“You got lucky this time, Satoshi-kun.” Gang said and threw Satoshi back onto the ground. Satoshi hit the ground with a sickening crunch and Gang and his friends ran off.

And so the day went on, with many incidents like that. Satoshi was really tired by the end of the day. As he was lying in his bed, scraped and bruised by his incidents with Gang, he decided that he couldn’t go back to school without Jia there. He was going to look for her. He couldn’t take another day with that torture.

Satoshi crept out of his bedroom. He could hear crickets chirping in the distance. He moved through the dark house, thinking. Where would Jia go? He remembered her saying something about a spot in the bamboo woods that she would go to sometimes when she wanted to be alone. Satoshi racked his brains for anything that had happened the past couple days that would make Jia upset or angry. Wrapped in his thoughts, Satoshi kept walking forward in the darkness, groping around for the doorknob.

Satoshi tripped over something in the darkness and landed flat on his face. He swore loudly and slowly picked himself up. He listened hard for the sounds of his family waking up. He couldn’t hear anything, so he kept moving forward. Finally, his hand closed around the doorknob. Satoshi pulled open the door and smelled the night air. It was a peaceful smell, almost a euthanizing aroma. He walked through the wet grass, looking around for any signs of Jia.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! A voice in Satoshi’s head said. Looking for Jia in the bamboo woods?! Are you nuts?! Trying to be the hero? This isn’t a fairy tale you know. This is REAL LIFE! People get HURT! Remember your father in the woods? How he went in and never came back?! HUH? HUH?! Satoshi took a small step back towards the house. He squeezed his eyes shut, and a vision came to him, of Jia surrounded by snarling tigers, screaming for help. Without opening his eyes, Satoshi ran into the bamboo forest.

[/i] Very Happy
ashketchumlovergirl
ashketchumlovergirl
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : In your head!

Back to top Go down

My dragon story chapter one Empty Re: My dragon story chapter one

Post by Moshda Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 am

Um, this may sound... strange... but is this story set in China or Japan?
Jia and all the others' names sound Chinese, but Satoshi is definitely Japanese-sounding.

Last paragraph: "Remember your father? How he went into the woods and never came back?!"

Would you like me to provide a little footnote for the other readers, regarding the honorifics used in Japanese?

Again, well done! I'm really enjoying this!!! Very Happy
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshda Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:58 pm

JAPANESE HONORIFICS:
-san: This is the most common and neutral of honorifics.
The polite way to address someone you're not on close terms with is to use "-san." It's kind of like Mr. or Ms., except you can use "-san" with first or last names as easily as family names.

-chan: Used for familiarity, mostly applied towards young women and girls.

-kun: Like "-chan," it's an informal suffix for friends and classmates, only
"-kun" is usually associated with boys. It can also be used in a professional evironment by someone addressing a subordinate.

-sama: Indicates a great deal of respect or admiration.

sempai: in school, "sempai" is used to refer to an upperclassman or a club leader. It can also be used in the workplace by a new employee to address a mentor or staff member with seniority.

sensei: Teachers, doctors, writers, or any master of a trade are referred to as "sensei." When addressing a manga creator, the polite thing to do is attach "-sensei" to the manga-ka's name.

onii: This is the more casual term for an older brother. Usually, you'll see it with an honorific attached, such as "onii-chan."

onee: The casual term for an older sister, it's used like "onii" with honorifics.

[blank]: Not using an honorific when addressing someone indicates that the speaker has permission to speak intimately with the other person. This relationship is usually reserved for close friends and family.

(These are honorifics that I've learned from my years of watching anime and and reading manga [Japanese comic books]. If you have questions regarding usage, feel free to PM me and I'll start a separate question-&-answer thread.)
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down