Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my dragon story chapter 10

2 posters

Go down

my dragon story chapter 10 Empty my dragon story chapter 10

Post by ashketchumlovergirl Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 am

Here comes.....CHAPTER 10!!!! Read and review!

Chapter Ten
Satoshi didn’t know what he should call Abbey-Helena. Abbey-Helena was a mouthful. Abbey H? Abbey? Helena? AH????

“Hey...” Satoshi said.

“You can call me Abbey.” Abbey-Helena said.

“Would you STOP doing that? It freaks me out.” Satoshi said.

“Sorry, sometimes I can’t help myself.” Abbey said sheepishly.

“What about your self-control?” Satoshi asked. Abbey smiled.

“Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.” She said.

“That helps a bunch.” Satoshi said. Satoshi followed Abbey up a hill. Two skinny red-haired boys were sitting on the hill. One had blue eyes and one had green eyes. The one with blue eyes had long hair and the one with green eyes had cropped short hair.

“Whoa. They’re really into it.” Satoshi said.

“Yeah. This one’s Colin and this one’s Dylan.” Abbey said, pointing first to the one with blue eyes and then to the one with green eyes. Satoshi winced. The two boys had bags under their eyes and extremely skinny.

“What are we going to do? What are we.....DAH!” Satoshi yelled as something suddenly covered his face. Abbey pulled it off and stared.

“What is it?” Satoshi asked.

“It....looks like a recipe for some kind of potion.” Abbey said. “The title’s ripped off.” Satoshi peeked over Abbey’s shoulder and read it.

“Mouse hearts? Charmeleon tongues? Wormwood?” Satoshi asked.

“Sounds like some kind of willpower-sharpening potion.....” Abbey said, narrowing her eyes.

“How do you know that?” Satoshi asked.

“The gift that Plintafot gave me.....hang on....right here!” Abbey said. She unclipped a fanny pack from her waist and opened it. Inside there were vials of all sorts of weird-looking things, a cauldron, and a paperback book titled Basic Potions and Their Properties.

“Whoa....” Satoshi said.

“Yes. Plintafot gave me a potion-making kit. We should figure out this recipe and feed it to our friends. Maybe then we can travel on together and defeat Daeyi!” Abbey said.

“Okay,” Satoshi said. He took the paper and studied it carefully. “It says build a fire and put a cauldron full of water inside it.”

“We’ll just have to do that then,” Abbey said. “I’ll get the water. You can go ahead and make a fire.” She flounced off with the cauldron.

“Great,” Satoshi said. “Now I have to make a fire.”

No problemo, I’m here! Lorig said.

Where were you when I called for you?! Satoshi asked.

I was flirting with a very pretty lady dragon.....ah.....such glittery scales.....Lorig said.
Snap out of it, Lorig! Satoshi thought. I need you to help me make a fire.

First you’ve gotta go get some wood. A fire won’t stay alive without wood. Lorig said.

Right....I knew that..... Satoshi thought. He looked around and gathered some branches and twigs that had fallen down from the trees. He dumped them on a bare spot.

No, no, no, NO!!!!! Not like THAT!!!! Arrange the sticks in like a pyramid shape....like THIS! Lorig said. An invisible force arranged the sticks all in a pyramid shape and pulled rocks in a circle around them. Then a flame came out of nowhere and lit the sticks.

“Nice one, Satoshi!” Abbey said, coming down the hill holding a cauldron full of water.

“Um....uh...thanks,” Satoshi said. Thanks again, Lorig. He thought.

You better believe it, buster. Lorig said. Abbey put the pot over the fire and looked at the piece of paper.

“Okay.....now it says to pour in some wormwood until the water turns brown,” Abbey said.

“Which one is wormwood?” Satoshi asked.

“Over here,” Abbey said. She opened a brown vial and tipped some into the water until it turned a rich chocolate brown. “Hand me the mouse hearts, will you?”

“Uhh....which one is the mouse hearts?” Satoshi asked, gulping. Abbey pointed to the jar filled with red things floating in some kind of clear juice. Satoshi resisted the urge to vomit and passed the jar over to Abbey. Abbey opened the jar and without hesitation, stuck her hand inside the jar, pulled out three red things and plopped them into the cauldron.

“Uuuuugh....” Satoshi groaned, looking away and clutching his stomach.

“Come on, you have a heart too. It’s not that gross!” Abbey said. “Now hand me the phoenix tears.”
ashketchumlovergirl
ashketchumlovergirl
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : In your head!

Back to top Go down

my dragon story chapter 10 Empty Re: my dragon story chapter 10

Post by Moshda Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:29 pm

How did a cauldron fit inside Abbey's fanny pack???

Pretty much the only thing wrong is that one puctuation error that I've already pointed out... twice... so I won't be obnoxious by saying it again.

I think I'm beginning to like Abbey-Helena quite a lot! And Lorig; he's hilarious sometimes! ^.^ *thumbs up*
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down