Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dragon story chapter 2

2 posters

Go down

My dragon story chapter 2 Empty My dragon story chapter 2

Post by ashketchumlovergirl Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Wow!!! 2 chapters in 1 day!!!! anyways, here's chapter 2.....

Chapter Two
“Jia! Jia! Where are you?” Satoshi shouted. He squinted in the blackness. He held his hand in front of his face. He could only see a dim outline of his hand. Why didn’t I bring a flashlight????? He thought furiously. There was no hope of trying to get back to his house to find one.

Well, you’ve got yourself in quite a sucky situation here. The voice in Satoshi’s head said. If you’ve maybe LISTENED TO ME then maybe you wouldn’t be here.

Who are you? Why are you in my head? Satoshi thought.

I guess you could call me your conscience. The voice said. Satoshi narrowed his eyes.
Conscience, eh? Satoshi thought. Just then, there was a rustling in the leaves. Satoshi whirled around. A gleaming pair of amber eyes were watching him. Satoshi took a step back and tripped over a thick scaly thing. Satoshi landed hard on the ground. He groaned. The amber eyes flicked to the right and a feathery tail emerged inches from his face.

What is this thing????? He thought. The amber eyes moved closer and closer until he saw that they belonged to a face he had only seen in textbooks and ancient monuments. Satoshi gulped and tried to get up, but something was restricting him. He stared down at his body and the dragon’s snakelike body was curled around his. Satoshi could feel the dragon’s breath hot on his face. He wanted to scream for help, but for some reason he couldn’t get his mouth open.

“Sssss.......so you are Satoshi...........” The dragon rasped. Satoshi stared at the dragon. Did it just speak???

“SPEAK BOY!!!!!” The dragon roared.

“.............................Hi.........................................” Satoshi squeaked.

“Oh honestly, can’t you do better than that?” The dragon said. “I thought you would say something brave......Jia always speaks highly of you......”

“Jia!!!! What have you done to her?????” Satoshi said, his fear gone, replaced with white-hot anger.

“Not to worry, not to worry......she’s perfectly fine. I wouldn’t dream of hurting her, or Sabrina.” The dragon said.

“Who?” Satoshi asked, his anger starting to swell down, being replaced with curiosity. “What do you want with me anyways?”

“This may seem rather surprising, but I need your help.” The dragon said.

“Why would a dragon like you need my help?” Satoshi asked, staring up at the dragon.

“I will explain once we get to my cave.” The dragon said.

“I’m not going anywhere with you........” Satoshi said.

“Do you even have a choice?” The dragon hissed in his ear.

“Hmm.....good point.” Satoshi said.

“On my back. Now.” The dragon said. The coils loosened around Satoshi and he grabbed the neck of the dragon.

“Well, you know my name, but I don’t know yours.” Satoshi said.

“My name in this world is Plintafot.” The dragon said.

“.....in this world?” Satoshi asked. The dragon didn’t answer but started running. “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Sorry, I forgot to tell you to hold on.” Plintafot said.
ashketchumlovergirl
ashketchumlovergirl
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : In your head!

Back to top Go down

My dragon story chapter 2 Empty Re: My dragon story chapter 2

Post by Moshda Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Hahaha... I found this chapter to be quite entertaining!
One suggestion: make the "conscience" speak in italics, just to differentiate between it and Satoshi's thoughts. Also, a single quotation mark (') around Satoshi's thoughts will better help it along. Like this:
Well, you’ve got yourself in quite a sucky situation here, a voice in Satoshi’s head said. If you had maybe LISTENED TO ME then maybe you wouldn’t be here. (did you realize you have 'maybe' in this sentence twice?)
'Who are you? Why are you in my head?' Satoshi thought.
I guess you could call me your conscience, the voice said. Satoshi narrowed his eyes.
'Conscience, eh?' Satoshi thought.

But that's about it! I'm loving this!!!
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down