Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dragon story chapter 7

2 posters

Go down

My dragon story chapter 7 Empty My dragon story chapter 7

Post by ashketchumlovergirl Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Here comes chap. 7!!!! Thx Moshda for the reviews!!

Chapter 7
“Haven’t we passed this rock about five times?” Satoshi asked. It had been at least a week since they had entered the desert, and they were getting low on food and water. Sabrina bent down and looked at the rock.

“Satoshi! How come you can’t just transport us out of the desert?” Sabrina asked. Satoshi pulled the glass ball out of his bag.

He closed his eyes and muttered, “Daeyi’s castle, Daeyi’s castle, Daeyi’s castle.”

Nothing happened.

“Plintafot did say that it only would work when we really need it.” Jia said.

“Well, we do really need it.” Satoshi said, staring at the ball in his hands. “What’s wrong with this thing?” Suddenly, there was a loud growl. Jia and Satoshi turned to stare at Sabrina. Sabrina’s cheeks flushed.

“We’re out of food. I just checked the stock.” She said.

“Darn it....I was looking forward to lunch....” Satoshi said.

“At least we still have water.” Jia said, handing around a canteen of water. “That’s what matters more. You can survive a month without food, but you can’t survive a week without water.”

“I didn’t know that.....” Satoshi said.

“You really should pay attention in class sometimes.” Jia laughed. “There’s some useful information that you can pick up.”

“What’s school like in China?” Sabrina asked, taking a sip from the canteen.

“Boring.” Satoshi said.

“Cool!” Jia contradicted.

“Heh, I guess it’s the same everywhere. Some people like it, others don’t.” Sabrina said, passing the canteen to Satoshi.

“What’s your school like?” Satoshi asked.

“Classes......kids.......” Sabrina said. “The typical.”

“Do you have a best friend?” Jia asked. Sabrina shrugged.

“There are a couple other people I hang out with.....but I don’t really have a best friend.” Sabrina said.

“What about a boyfriend?” Satoshi asked. The words were out of his mouth before he could stop them.

“No.......I don’t have a boyfriend.” Sabrina asked, looking at Satoshi really weird.

“I-I was just.....curious.....” Satoshi muttered self-consciously. He took a long drink from the canteen and passed it back to Jia.

“Well, what are we going to do now?” Jia asked after a long, awkward silence.

“Why don’t we pull out the compass and see where we are first.” Sabrina said. She pulled the map and compass out of her pocket. “It seems, we’re at latitude 50, longitude 40, so we’re about 5 degrees—!”

“Speak human, will you?” Satoshi asked.

“We’re in the middle of the desert.” Sabrina said bluntly.

“A little more specific?” Satoshi asked.

“According to this map and compass, we’re about 100 miles from the Siren Sea.” Sabrina said.

“Wonderful.” Satoshi said sarcastically.

“Come on you guys!! Stop fighting! Please?” Jia asked. “If we’re 100 miles from the Siren Sea, and we’re out of food, then we’ll have to get some.”

“How are we going to get food?” Satoshi asked. Suddenly, they heard a hiss in the wind.

“What was that?” Sabrina asked. She looked behind the rock they were sitting against. Then she gasped. “Oh.....My......God.....”

“What?” Jia whispered. She looked. “Manticore!!!”

“What?” Satoshi asked.

“Look.” Jia said. Satoshi looked. It was a creature with a scorpion like tail, a lion body and mane, and a female human head with sharp teeth.

“What in the name of-?” Satoshi whispered.

“It’s a manticore. They shoot poisonous darts from that tail and catch their prey. The name translates to man-eater.” Jia hissed.

“What are we going to do?” Satoshi asked.

“Wait here until it goes away.” Sabrina said.

“But what if-?” Satoshi asked.

“I smell humans.” The manticore said. Sabrina, Satoshi, and Jia froze. They heard soft pawsteps on the sand behind their rock. The manticore looked straight at them, then grinned.

“Do you think she sees us?” Satoshi asked. The manticore shot out some darts from her tail.

“Yup!” Sabrina yelled. They ducked out of the way of the poison spikes. The manticore roared and appeared in a flash in front of them.

“Help!” Jia shouted.

“There’s nobody to help you.” The manticore snarled and shot out more poison darts. Satoshi and Sabrina ducked out of the way, but Jia was too slow.

“Jia!!!” Satoshi screamed. The darts stopped inches from Jia’s body and clattered to the ground.

“What the-?” Satoshi asked.

“It’s my protective necklace!” Jia said, looking down at her brightly shining necklace. “Run, guys! I’ll be okay!” Sabrina and Satoshi nodded and started running away, but the manticore was too quick for them. The manticore shot out a few more darts.

“Sabrina, use your sword!” Satoshi shouted. Sabrina unsheathed the brilliant platinum sword. The manticore backed up slightly, then shot some more darts. Sabrina ducked.

“I can’t get close enough to swing at it!” She shouted.

“Catch!” Jia shouted. She yanked the necklace from her neck and tossed it to Sabrina. Sabrina caught the necklace and in one swoop she tied it around her neck.

“Brilliant. I like to play with my food.” The manticore grinned maliciously and took a small step backwards. Sabrina narrowed her eyes and swung at the manticore. The manticore jumped to avoid it and landed behind Sabrina.

“Behind you!” Jia shouted. The manticore charged at Sabrina. Sabrina swiftly turned around and lifted her sword. The manticore landed heavily on the two-sided blade. Satoshi winced as blood spurted from the manticore’s belly. The manticore snarled and charged at Satoshi.

“Satoshi! Defend yourself!” Sabrina shouted and threw the sword to Satoshi. Satoshi caught it and stared at it, not knowing what to do.

Wait for it.....wait for it..... A voice in Satoshi’s head said. It was Lorig! Satoshi waited patiently for the manticore to come to him.

Now! Thrust! Lorig said. Satoshi thrust the sword forward and it hit the manticore in the chest. The manticore staggered backwards, then fell onto the desert sands. Jia and Sabrina stared at Satoshi, covered in manticore blood.

“I could use a shower right about now.” He muttered. Thanks, Lorig. He thought.

No problemo. Lorig said.

“Satoshi......that......was......” Sabrina said.

“Amazing!” Jia finished for her. Satoshi handed Sabrina the sword and Sabrina gave Jia back her necklace. Sabrina looked along the sword blade. It was covered in red, foul-smelling blood. She pulled out a cloth in the scabbard and wiped the blade with it, so that it shined in the afternoon sun.

“That was too close.” Sabrina said. “We should get moving, before any other manticores show up.”

“Shouldn’t we bury the poor thing?” Jia asked, looking at the dead manticore.

“Poor thing?!” Sabrina and Satoshi said at the same time. “It tried to kill us!”

“Yeah, but still, it needed to eat.” Jia said.

“Just like we do.” Satoshi pointed out, and his stomach rumbled.

“Okay, I guess we should get moving.” Sabrina said, sheathing her sword. “Let’s go.”
ashketchumlovergirl
ashketchumlovergirl
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : In your head!

Back to top Go down

My dragon story chapter 7 Empty Re: My dragon story chapter 7

Post by Moshda Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:51 am

Wow, that fight scene with the manticore was... intense! But very well-written! *thumbs up* I liked the part when Jia says "Shouldn't we try to bury the poor thing?" hahaha very funny. Good job. I didn't pick out anything this time, but maybe I will when I read it again later-- probably not though.
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down