Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tears for Lividia -Intro and Chapter One

4 posters

Go down

Tears for Lividia -Intro and Chapter One Empty Tears for Lividia -Intro and Chapter One

Post by Delilah Roze Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:02 pm

This is an unusual story for me, as I was not particularly inspired by anything, nor do I know where it's going. Basically, after you read this, you'll know about as much as I do about the character. It'll be quite the adventure. Smile

~*~

I'm going to die. I know that now. As I struggle to stay conscious, I also struggle away from death. But it wont work, and I understand that. I try to accept it.

The pain, oh the pain. It's becoming excruciating. I can almost feel the cold brush of Death against my skin, hear it's harsh laughter at my agony. As I listen to the fighting around me -swords clanging, arrows whizzing by, the crunch as bones are broken- I can almost see the dark shadowy shape slithering around the bodies, sucking their souls out, sending them to the other world. I whimper in terror.

His laugh rings through my ears, and I know it will be the last thing I ever hear.

-

Chapter One

The bright sunlight pierces my eyes as I pull apart the long billowy curtains, illuminating dust fragments floating in the air. I secure the curtains to the bedposts, sighing at how soft their fabric is. It's my first day here, and I already love everything: the roads, the buildings, my room in the boarding house, now the curtains. Everything is so foreign to me, so alien in the way that it's all so neat and orderly. It was never this way in... where I lived before here. There, it was chaos everywhere, turmoil in the streets as well as the palace. The Devil's blessing laid about everywhere. All caused by one person.

I shake those thoughts from my mind, shuddering at the unwelcome memories, and crawl over to the other side of my bed. It's a big, four posted bed with a canopy and curtains, large enough for four people. A dozen plump pillows are arranged at the head, and thick blankets are layered over the silk sheets. All are colored white and various shades of blue, my favorite color. I finish with all the curtains, tying them back so that the light pours onto me from the large windows at the front and left side of the room. And I lay back against the pillows and sigh, letting my skin soak up the sunlight. My mother always told me that sunlight was as healing as a cup of tea; warm, filling, and delicious. Every morning, whenever it was sunny, she would take me outside in my nightgown, and we would lay on the grass and talk as the sun rose higher and higher overhead. I always loved it, except for one morning...

Why! Why are these memories coming to me now? I need to start fresh, a new place, a new life, a new me. Nothing of the old should come between me and happiness. Not here, not now.
~*~

That's all I have so far, but I'm still writing it. I just like posting here, I guess, even if my stuff is pretty pathetic. Very Happy
Delilah Roze
Delilah Roze
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Tears for Lividia -Intro and Chapter One Empty Re: Tears for Lividia -Intro and Chapter One

Post by Moshda Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Wow. Very nice! It's a very intriguing beginning and I can't wait to see more!
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Tears for Lividia -Intro and Chapter One Empty Re: Tears for Lividia -Intro and Chapter One

Post by Zach S Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:12 pm

hmmm so the character is very possible to have lived in hell? or maybe a devestated country? very intriguing =]
Zach S
Zach S
Civilian
Civilian

Male Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Delilah Roze Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Thanks guys! I'm still trying to work out the details, because as stated above, I don't really know much about her either. Razz
Delilah Roze
Delilah Roze
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by bgjings Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:52 am

I love your descriptions! The description of the bed made me want to take a running leap and jump onto it and then just snuggle up and go to sleep!

I also really liked how you brought the sun and her childhood memories into the story. It made me feel closer to the character and made her more easy to relate too.
bgjings
bgjings
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : NH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down