Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric & the 13 Stones of Infinity: Prologue

2 posters

Go down

Eric & the 13 Stones of Infinity: Prologue Empty Eric & the 13 Stones of Infinity: Prologue

Post by Moshda Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi! The idea for this story had been forming in my mind for the past few days, but last night I finally got a good grasp on it. I just barely typed this up about 5 minutes ago, so it's pretty rough and I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know of any mistakes, grammatical or otherwise, as it would be a big help! So without furthur ado...

Prologue
Standing on the balcony of the towering castle which overlooked the mountainous region of the nation, was a pretty teenage girl. She stood erect with a straight back and relaxed shoulders, her hands resting on the rail of the balcony. A soft, warm spring wind rippled her shoulder-length auburn hair and brushed it out of her fine-boned and elegant face. Her manner of dress was not quite befitting of the princess she appeared and carried herself to be. Her slender legs were set off and encased by knee-high heeled leather boots which gleamed in the light of the afternoon sun. A short, fluffy black skirt trimmed in white lace came a few inches shy of meeting the tops of her boots. She wore a sweater with sleeves that only reached her elbows and trailed an uneven, fluttering hem down past the bottom of the skirt, under which was a ruffled, sleeveless white blouse.

She was staring intently at a tiny, gleaming spot of ocean which was just visible beyond the craggy mountain peaks near her castle.
“Emmaline!” a voice shrieked a good distance behind her. The girl turned slowly to face the speaker, whose ever-nearer presence was heralded by footsteps pounding on the grey stone floors. The door to her quarters burst open to reveal a squat, overweight woman who stood panting in the doorway.
“Emmaline,” she repeated, “the Pool is bubbling! And your creature is beginning its metamorphosis!”
“That is as I expected,” the girl said. “The time has been drawing nigh.”
“Do you think… do you think it’s happened yet?” the woman asked hesitantly.
“Yes. Ready my carpet. I shall depart at sunset,” Emmaline commanded. The woman curtsied deeply and left quickly. Emmaline pulled a rope and a few moments later, another servant appeared.
“Pack my bag—only the necessities,” she said shortly. The servant nodded and went to work, packing suitable travelling clothes with haste. Her mistress pulled the rope again and a second servant materialized in her doorway.
“Pack me some bread, cheese, jerky, and a canteen of water. Have one of the kitchen girls send up a platter with my dinner,” Emmaline ordered. The girl nodded and left. Emmaline went to her dresser and pulled out a snug-fitting, slender pair of black pants, with which she replaced the skirt she had been wearing. She tucked her pants into the boots and traded her sweater for a hooded cloak, which she drew tightly about her.

After the sun slid behind the tall mountains and darkness was beginning to descend upon the landscape, the dark outline of a figure crouched on a flying carpet sped across the sky. The creatures of the day were all going to sleep, and the creatures of the night had not yet woken, so very few eyes were watching while Emmaline made her departure.
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Eric & the 13 Stones of Infinity: Prologue Empty Re: Eric & the 13 Stones of Infinity: Prologue

Post by Delilah Roze Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:11 am

Looks good, but there's not really enough to get a good feel for it yet. Keep going!
Delilah Roze
Delilah Roze
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Eric & the 13 Stones of Infinity: Prologue Empty Re: Eric & the 13 Stones of Infinity: Prologue

Post by Moshda Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Hehe, thanks! I just started working on chapter one yesterday... ^_^
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down