Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my dragon story.....idk what to name it

2 posters

Go down

my dragon story.....idk what to name it Empty my dragon story.....idk what to name it

Post by ashketchumlovergirl Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:35 pm

I got this idea two weeks ago....I didn't post it because I wasn't sure if it was "worthy" or not lol! but anyway, it's about a girl who is abducted by a dragon and her best friend Satoshi comes to save her......and it kinda takes off from there ^__^ I don't wanna give away the entire plot....so here's the prologue. Plz comment and tell me what i can do to make it better!!!

Prologue
It was a dark, clammy night. Jia Lee Chang lay awake in her bed. She had just awoken from a horrible nightmare. A slender, red-scaled dragon had been pursuing her through a horrible tunnel of laughing, jeering skulls.

She slowly got out of bed, got her slippers on, and shuffled towards the window of her room. She had no idea what made her do it, but she jumped out of the window and landed in a soft bush. Jia listened to the sounds of the night. She could hear singing, a mournful sound of sadness and woe.

She slowly walked into the forest of bamboo. The singing got closer and closer. She had to get to the poor creature, to soothe it, to help it. She finally reached a clearing. There, on the rock, was a gorgeous blue dragon. He had a long, slender body, yellow whiskers and brown horns like a deer. Jia felt a sort of pity for this dragon; it was not the same one who had pursued her through her dream.

The dragon abruptly stopped singing and turned to her. The dragon’s eyes seemed to pierce through her mind, to see into her soul. She moved closer to the dragon. He tossed his head and made a sort of hissing noise. Jia was now so close to the dragon she could touch him. She slowly reached out a shaking hand and touched the dragon’s scales. They were warm and smooth.

The dragon made a quiet motion with his head. Jia climbed onto the dragon’s back and started stroking his neck. Then, the dragon took off. He ran through the forest, fast as lightning. Jia clung to the dragon’s neck as they sped through the bamboo forest, unknowing where they were going, but she was not afraid. This dragon was her friend, she could feel it. She knew this dragon wouldn’t hurt her.

Just then, he stopped abruptly. Jia looked around. They were inside a cave filled with pearls, diamonds, rubies, and other precious gems she couldn’t identify. She turned to the dragon. He nodded. Jia ran to the pile of gems and searched through them. A brown-haired girl with a pink streak waved to her. This was heaven. What could go wrong?

Last edited by ashketchumlovergirl on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
ashketchumlovergirl
ashketchumlovergirl
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : In your head!

Back to top Go down

my dragon story.....idk what to name it Empty Re: my dragon story.....idk what to name it

Post by Moshda Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 am

Lol, don't worry anything is "worthy" to be posted here unless it's vulgar or otherwise innapropriate (see the message at the top of the homepage :p )

I'm glad you posted it! I really like how well you described what was going on without being too wordy. But, you need to work in some description about Jia. Maybe something like: "She tucked her (color) hair behind her ear and moved closer to the dragon." Just add in little things like that so we can picture Jia as well as we can picture the dragon. Wink

In the last paragraph: "A brown-haired girl with a purple streak waved to her." This sounds like the girl has a purple streak on her body, but I assume you mean that she has a purple streak in her hair.
Maybe you could reword it to something like,
"A girl with brown hair streaked with purple waved to her."

I feel like you need more excitement and description of the cave. Was it a big cave? Well-lit, or dark? And I think you should add an exclamation to "This was heaven." so it looks like "This was heaven!"

That's all I found, though. You have excellent grammar and punctuation usage! Very Happy
Moshda
Moshda
Royalty
Royalty

Female Location : USA

Back to top Go down