Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist of Fate- Introduction: (c) Holly A.

2 posters

Go down

Twist of Fate- Introduction: (c) Holly A. Empty Twist of Fate- Introduction: (c) Holly A.

Post by Delilah Roze Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:01 am

Moshda broke the ice in the high-schoolers forums, so now I'll do that here. This is the intro to one of the many stories I have. I haven't worked on it for awhile, but I should probably start again.

Here it is...
~*~

The night air is cold and damp. Echoes of autumn barely lingering in the air and on the ground. Golden leaves lay scattered in the soft grass, and in the streets of the village, many of them just skeletons. Birds tweet their goodnights, and woodland animals head back to their homes, sanctuary's from the dark night. Yes, the animals of the light are headed for bed, but the animals of the night are just beginning their hunting.

The village appears to be asleep below the clear starry sky, a thin layer of mysterious fog blankets it. The people lay asleep in their beds, thick blankets covering their bodies, keeping them warm. Husbands cradle their wives, parents cuddle newborn babies, and children squish themselves together in warmth. Everyone is asleep, except one man, who walks through the streets, the fog swishing around his black traveling cloak.

He has waited for this night for many months, so he is nervous and excited, both at once. He passes the bare market stalls, seemingly waiting for tomorrow, so they can be of some use. He passes the town square, where the statue of Richard the Great stands, proud and tall. He passes the middle of town, and is almost at the outskirts, where he knows the house waits for him. He hurries even faster, so as not to be seen or heard by any who might still be up.

Finally, he sees it.

The house is small, appearing to be only one room. He rushes up to it, and pushes open the door. It appears to be pitch black, but for one flickering light at the left. He carefully steps over the theshold, and bolts the door behind him before walking slowly over to the light. It is a feeble little candle, melted to only an inch in height. It sits in a copper candle holder with a curled handle. He picks it up, and looks at his new home. The candle had been sitting on a table, small but sturdy. Beside this table is a stool, also appearing sturdy. He looks at the back wall, where a fireplace is laid into the wall. There is a large pot sitting beside it, obviously to be used for cooking. He finally looks at the right wall. On the floor, beneath a window is a mat. Straw sticks out of a few holes, but other than that, it looks fine. On this mat, there is a set of peasant clothing, and a basket. He goes over to look, and finds the basket is filled with food. Strawberries, a large loaf of bread, a ripe cheese, a chunk of meat, and a bottle of wine with a goblet. He smiles.

"Thank God for you, Will." he says, thinking of his best friend, William James, who had obviously left this basket as a gift for him. He rips off a small piece of bread, and bites into it.

*Mmm, it's still warm!* He thinks as he chews and swallows. Once he finishes, he picks up the shirt laying on the mat. He feels how coarse the material is, but he ravishes in how easily he shall be able to move in it. He strips out of the clothes he is wearing, making sure there are no watchers, and changes into the peasant clothes. Once in them, he feels weird for a little bit, but he soon gets used to them. He grabs the basket and sits down at the table to eat it.

*I wonder if this is really going to work. I mean, What if I slip? What if people realize who I really am?* he thinks as he eats. *Someone is bound to notice how much I look like... oh just calm down! Everything will be fine.*

There is a knock at the door.

He drops what he was eating, and quickly yet quietly walks to the door. He unlocks the door and pulls it open. Will steps in followed by Erik Thornton, his bodyguard, and Henry Smith, his secretary. Once they are all in, he shuts and locks the door once again.

"Has it all been arranged?" he whispers, pacing around the room.

"Yes, Ren, everything is set. Erik will pose as yourself, and since you two look so alike, it shant be hard to fool anyone." Will says, trying to calm him. "Henry and I shall come and update you every week or so." Will grins at him, "Relax, L, everything will be quite alright."

"I know, I'm just nervous. Someone is bound to notice how much I look like-"

"Sir, remember what we discussed. Your name is Robert Brown, you've just moved here after deciding you didn't want to live in the middle of nowhere anymore, and if anyone seems to notice who you look like, tell them with a laugh that you get that alot, but that it's just coincidence." Henry said, "Just remember that and you'll be fine."

He pauses for a moment, "Alright, thank you all for doing this, and good luck."

They nod. Will walks to the door, and unbolts it, before all three of them disappear into the mist.

He goes back to his food, and when he has had his fill, he lays down on the mattress. *I wonder what awaits me tomorrow?* is his only thought. He turns to his side and pulls his blanket over his head.

And so, His Royal Highness King Loren Joseph Rinaldi drifted into a peaceful sleep.

~*~
I'm pretty bad at paragraphing, so please note any errors. Thanks!

D.R.

Last edited by Delilah Roze on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delilah Roze
Delilah Roze
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Twist of Fate- Introduction: (c) Holly A. Empty Re: Twist of Fate- Introduction: (c) Holly A.

Post by Hucota7 Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 pm

nice!! i really like it. good job and good luck with continuing it.
-hucota
Hucota7
Hucota7
Royalty
Royalty

Male Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Twist of Fate- Introduction: (c) Holly A. Empty Re: Twist of Fate- Introduction: (c) Holly A.

Post by Delilah Roze Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Thanks! Very Happy
Delilah Roze
Delilah Roze
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down