Creative Writing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairytale for English (still needs a title)

2 posters

Go down

Fairytale for English (still needs a title)  Empty Fairytale for English (still needs a title)

Post by bgjings Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:40 am

Hi! This is a fairytale I started to write last school year and wanted to upload here Very Happy . If anyone reads it and thinks of a title suggestion, they are welcome! So here it is! (I have yet to finish chapter 3 yet but I will upload it as soon as I do Very Happy)

Sincerely,
bgjings

.:Preface:.
Once upon a time is how they told me to start. I know it's lame, but here we go.

I died. Simple as that. I died swimming in the pond in my woods. I guess it was stupid, swimming alone at night, but I guess god or whoever controls who lives and dies didn't want me to. So here is the story of how I died, or didn't die, or half died, or what ever happened.

I was walking though the woods, one foot directly in front of the other as if I was walking on a tight rope, along the path to the pond. I was going swimming because I needed to get away. Away from my world for just a few lonely hours. I had been so busy lately with everything, school, family, and friends. I just needed some time to myself. When I reached the clearing where the pond lay sparkling in the moonlight , I took a deep breath. The cold air ran down my throat like water. I shivered slightly as the air hit my skin when I pulled my t-shirt, letting the moonlight turn it a blue-ish white. Then I slid out of my Capri's so I was just standing in my bra and underwear. Slowly, afraid of the cold, those came off too. As they fell to the ground, I noticed my bracelet had come undone and fallen to the ground as well. The bracelet had been given to me by a friend for my birthday. It said, love, friend, forever on it. It was my favorite bracelet. When I jumped into the dark icy water, I was still distracted by the image of my favorite bracelet laying on the leaf-strewn shore. Maybe that is why I drown. Or maybe it was the cold. Either way, I was sinking slowly down.

.:Chapter 1:.

The last thing I remember was the moonlit surface of the water as I sunk down. Blackness surrounded me and I just kept drifting with my eyes closed. I lost track of space and time until my direction changed. It no longer felt as if I was drifting down, it felt as if I was being pulled up. My speed changed too, I was being drawn fast upwards, my hair streaming like ribbons out behind me. “Elizabeth” I heard my name called through the layers of water. “Elizabeth” a different voice said more urgently. “Elizabeth, Elizabeth, Elizabeth” the voices came together, becoming more frequent and panicked as I got closer to them. Suddenly I burst into a world of light, air, and sound. I was being pulled up from underneath my arms. I opened my eyes, blinking, and coughed up a bunch of water. In front of me stood 3 minutes. Two of them looked like they were in their teens, and looked almost exactly.....like...... me. They both had long strawberry blond hair a little lighter than mine, one had blue eyes like me, and the other had light brown eyes. They were both dressed in long Victorian style dresses. The third woman was older, maybe about 34. Her dark brown hair was pulled up in a tight bun. She too, had blue eyes like mine and was wearing a dress similar to the others dresses. The young girl with brown eyes was the first to rush to me. “You can put her down now” she said to the arms holding me as they laid me down in the soft grass. “Oh Elizabeth. Are you alright?” She asked touching my face. “Yes I think so” I said faintly. “Oh thank goodness” the young blue eyed girl said rushing to my other side and kneeling down.

“Yes” said the brown eyed girl as the older woman knelt opposite her on my right side. “We were afraid you would drown”

“How horrible it would have been!” The older woman said, relieved, and laid her hand on mine.

I was so confused, I couldn't remember seeing these people ever before, but I felt like I knew them, and they were talking as if they knew me too.

“It is so lucky that Charles and James were here to pull you out” The blue eyed girl said as two men came into view. The older one, who I thought was Charles, turned his face away as I looked at him. He had a stooped figure and a mat of brown greying hair. The other boy, was much younger , late teens, early twenties. He had black hair and dark brown eyes.

“Wha... what happened?” I mumbled

“Oh my dear child, don't you remember?” The older woman chimed in “You fell in the pond there” she said tilting her head in that direction.

I turned my head to the right to look at the pond 10 feet away. When I did I saw that the bracelet I dropped before jumping into the pond, it was still on my wrist stretched out towards the pond. I looked at it, confused. What had happened? Why was I here? How was this bracelet still on my arm?

“Oh” I said feeling I had to respond

“We should bring her back to the house” The boy James said

“Charlotte” the older woman said to the blue eyed girl “ help Elizabeth up. You too Christina” she said gesturing to the brown eyed girl.

Charlotte and Christina gently held my arms and helped me up. I walked slowly trying not to trip over the bottom of my wet dress (which is weird because I don't remember putting a dress on). My dress was light blue and opened in front to let several white ruffles cascade out. The top of the dress hugged my body borderline uncomfortably.

We made our way up to a large white building which I assumed was the “house” James was talking about. In my opinion it was more like a mansion, with arbored gardens, and fountains, and what looked like a stable to the right. When I turned my head to the people behind me , Charles was gone. The older woman saw me looking and said “Oh don't worry about Charles, he likes to keep to himself, as do most ground keepers”. I hadn't even seen him leave, it was creepy. As I looked around for where Charles went, I noticed James starring at me. I turned my head to focus on him. When he saw me looking at him, his face flushed and he turned away.

Let me tell you right now, it's really hard to come in right in the middle of a life. I had no idea what was up with this James guy, I had no idea why the two beside me looked so much like me. I didn't know anything about this life I had literally dived into. All of a sudden I felt really dizzy. I suspected part of the problem was this water logged corset I was wearing under my dress. I thought to myself “Elizabeth, this is apparently your life, even though you don't remember any of it. Freaking out won't do you any good, play it cool, and don't pass out”. I tried to take a deep breath to calm myself (but didn't quite manage it thanks to the corset). So instead I whispered to myself “ Breath deep, you can do this”.

.:Chapter 2:.

An hour later, with the help of Christina and some women I assumed were maids by the way Christina ordered them to do things, had changed into a casual nightgown. Of course “casual” was still pretty fancy compared what I was used to. When Christina brought me upstairs to change, she had tried to get me into a dress similar to the one I was wearing when I fell into the pond, which I had politely refused, and requested something comfortable instead because I wasn't going anywhere.

After Christina released the maids, she went across the elaborately decorated blue painted room, (which was apparently mine) and shut the double doors leading out to the rest of the house. After they closed with a soft swish Christina came to join me where I was sitting, on the bed. “Are you feeling better now?” she asked gently

“Yes I am” I said, flopping ungracefully back on the bed

“I am ever so glad you did not drown” she said, her lower lip trembling “Oh sister, I don't know what I would have done without you”
“So she is my sister” I thought. “That would explain the resemblance. When I looked up at Christina her eyes were brimming with tears. “Oh Christina” I said quietly. That's when the tears started to flow. Christina flopped down next to me and laid her head on my stomach, sobbing. I hesitantly laid my hand on her hair and stroked it gently. “Shhh” I said in a whisper. We laid there for about 30 minutes. Christina's sobs slowly calmed, until she was only breathing softly. “Is she asleep?” I thought to myself as I looked down at her face. Her eyes were closed and she was breathing deeply. Yup. She was out. I gently slid her off my stomach and got up. I decided I wanted to get more familiar with this room. First I walked over to a polished wood table with a circular mirror attached to it. Strewn across it's surface were bottles of perfume and various powder puffs and a ivory hair comb. To the left of the table was a beautifully engraved dark wood wardrobe that my nightgown had come out of. To the right was the nightstand that stood next to my bed. Across the room were some chairs by the ceiling to floor windows and the door that lead out onto a balcony.

After scoping out the room I sat down at the make-up table and picked up the lovely ivory comb and started pulling it through my long hair. For awhile I just sat there combing my hair and thinking about this confusing new life , until a soft knock came at the door. I looked over at Christina to make sure she hadn't woken up, but she was still out like a light. So I got up and opened the door. Charlotte was standing there holding what looked like a blue furry cylindrical throw pillow.

“Hello” she said quietly “I didn't wake you did I?

“No” I replied “It's not me you have to worry about waking up, it's Christina” I motioned backwards towards the bed

Charlotte let out a soft laugh as she walked over, across the room to her, our, sleeping sister.

“Do you suppose we should scare her with your Swifter?” she inquired

“My what?” I said, confused

“Your Swifer” she said gesturing to the fluffy pillow “I brought him up here for you. He was in the kitchen reeking havoc as usual, and the maids were getting quite sick of him”

“What.... is it like a pet?”

“Well, yes I guess you could say that” Charlotte said

“What does it do?” I said, curious
“Well, it can clean your rug if you want it to, that's how it eats” Charlotte explained “Or you can just play with it”

“Oh so it's sort of like a vacuum?”

“A what?”

“Never-mind” I said

“So should we scare her with it? Charlotte asked again

“Um, sure” I said wanting to know what a Swifter looked like “she has been asleep for awhile so I don't think she'd mind”

Charrlotte put the Swifter upside down on the light blue bedspread and rubbed it. 12 small legs sprouted out on each side of the thing and it flipped it's self over. It had floppy ears like a puppy and big green eyes. I gaped at it. Charlotte, however, was completely unphased. She pushed it across the bed towards Christina. When it reached her it hesitated, then stuck out a big blue tongue and licked Christina's face. Her eyes fluttered and then she screamed. Charlotte was the first to start laughing. Then Christina joined in, and finally I couldn't help it. We laughed until we could barely breath, while the Swifter scooted around us licking faces.
bgjings
bgjings
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : NH

Back to top Go down

Fairytale for English (still needs a title)  Empty Re: Fairytale for English (still needs a title)

Post by Lillie Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:23 pm

This is really beautifully done, I'm pulled in right away, and I really want to know what happens next!
Lillie
Lillie
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : I think I'm on what you would call earth, but it might be an illusion I've suffered since birth.

Back to top Go down

Fairytale for English (still needs a title)  Empty Re: Fairytale for English (still needs a title)

Post by bgjings Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 am

Thank you! I will be sure to post more when I get a chance Smile!
bgjings
bgjings
Civilian
Civilian

Female Location : NH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down